Friday, February 11, 2011

Departure of Secretary of State for Education

  I thought these were heartening words from the county where I did my teacher-training, in the context of Education Ministers who get it wrong:

'I am reminded of the famous Ted Wragg story about Kenneth Clarke’s Departure from the department for Education . After the cabinet reshuffle a lady teacher rang the office at the DES insisting to speak to Ken Clarke. “I’m sorry he no longer works here”, came the reply. A few days later came another call, from the same lady teacher, equally insistent. The courteous reply to the same question came in the form “I’m sorry Mr Clarke no longer works at the DES”. The following week came a third call from the same teacher, posing the same question just as insistently. This time the receptionist replied , “Sorry, Mr Clarke is no longer reponsible for education. Hang on, haven’t I told you this before?”. “Yes, replied the teacher, I know, but I just love hearing those words”. '

http://www.blogs.keystagehistory.co.uk/2010/12/new-history-curriculum-for-2013-and-a-funny-story-for-christmas/
 


No comments:

Post a Comment